Content creation workflow
Here's a bunch of opinions I have on writing and storing notes/ideas/etc:
- It's always good to be able to make notes, drafts or even full pages from your phone. It feels good to use a smartphone for something other than content consumption.
- CI/CD or other repository automation is a good idea, no matter what project you're working on.
- Use git to store your content, use any other tool you like for viewing/writing/visualisation.
- Markdown is most probably all you need. Remember that you can always extend markdown - almost all static site generators allow you to spice up your markdown notes, for example Zola has shortcodes.
- Site is generated by Zola. It's blazing fast and written in Rust, what more to ask for? I'm using a custom script for exocortex-related processing.
- For taking notes from a mobile device I use Termux and NVChad.
- CI/CD builds and deploys the site for me.