Resources on audio & DSP
So you want to write your own synthesizer
Check out how FM synthesis works, it's really simple to implement
I've written a simple FM/PM synthesizer in Rust, you can check it out here.
If you're using Rust, I recommend Rodio for taking care of sound card interaction.
Check out The Audio Programmer, especially their YouTube channel.
- Orca - the best generative music tool I've found so far
- Bespoke - a modular DAW
- Pure Data
My projects in the audio programming field
- Timur Doumler: C++ in the Audio Industry. Recommended as a first-time video introduction to audio application architecture.
- Computational Music Synthesis - theory & algorithms behind most popular synthesis methods
- Lock-free rust structures - useful for synchronisation for real-time processes, such as audio generating threads
Processing & Effects
- /dmc/ wiki @ NeoCities
- Signal processing for sound design. Todo: watch!
Interesting DSP projects
- Faust - functional audio stream
- Daisy seed, synth microcontroller
- llllllll.co and some interesting things found in there:
- Lessons learned from a decade of audio programming